Civil Partnership Giving
Frequently Asked Questions with Answers
1. How is Wedding List Giving financed?
Charities pay a small monthly subscription to participate in the scheme. Thereafter, a charge of 12p per pound donated that is gift aided is incurred. This 12p is taken from the gift aid portion of the donation.
2. What about Gift Aid?
Use Gift Aid and you can make your donation worth more. For every pound you give to the charity, they can receive an extra 28 pence from the Inland Revenue. In addition, if you are a higher rate tax payer, you can claim additional tax relief through your tax return of 23% of your donation. This means that the taxman is paying you 23p for every pound you donate! So please, when you donate, tick the Gift Aid box.
3. Can a couple choose more than one charity?
Yes, a couple can choose to support up to two charities.
4. Can I choose to donate to a charity that is not on the list?
Unfortunately, we can only support those charities that contract with us. If you have a charity that you would like to support, please feel free to contact them and ask them to contact us at:
and we will provide them with information about subscribing. The process is very fast and they can register with us online.
5. How do we know who has given and how much has been donated?
There is a running total on your page which tells you how much has been donated.
The names of all donors is also listed. However, we do not disclose the amount that each person has donated on your behalf.
6. As a guest, are there any costs to me and can the size of my donation be anonymous?
We ask guests to pay transaction charges of 20p +3.4%.
7. I have made a donation but can't see it yet. When will my donation appear on the website?
If successful, you donation will take between 48-72 hours to process.